nov 2018 - gen 2019
Internet of Things Project
Polytechnic of Bari
This project present a possible solution whereby the user controls devices by using their mobile phone, where control is communicated to the microcontroller through its bluetooth interface. The main goal of this project is to manage two different environments (for example home and workplace) using one app mobile.
- Two environments: house and office;
- Support that uses NFC technology at the entrance of the two environments;
- NFC tags included in the keychains of the keys, that encode the two differents environments;
- Communication between the support that recognizes the tag and android app, for our smartphone to open the app page of the recognized environment;
- Several action doable through the app page according to the environment i am input (i.e. turning on/off the lights; checking the temperature..)
The main feature of this new chip are the following:
- Dual-core 240 MHz LX6 Tensilic Processor;
- 520Kb of SDRAM memory;
- WiFi connectivity 802.11 b / g / n;
- Bluetooth connectivity (classic and LE);
- 32 I/ O PINs with different devices available;
- hardware acceleration for security algorithms.
Mifare RC522 is the high integrated RFID card reader which works on non-contact 13.56mhz communication, is designed by NXP as a low power consumption, low cost and compact size read and write chip, is the best choice in the development of smart meters and portable hand-held devices.
Pair with ‘ESP32 serial’ and approach the NFC tags that will direct you to the right screen (home or work)
- Shutter mounted on a servomotor;
- Two photocells on the shutter;
- Servomotor steadily moving to reset the difference of light intensity perceived by the two photocells -> Maximum efficency;
- Solar panel mounted on the shutter;
- Average harvesting of 450mW.
- ESP32 works in sleep mode, reducing consumption;
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE);
- The average power consumption is 13,11 mW.